Friday 27 July 2012

Office 2013 (OFFICE 15)

Having been invited to sample the new Microsoft Office 15 (365 Premium (Office 2013)), I thought I would give it a dabble. The basic idea is that local apps are augmented by an online experience allowing for seamless usage with access to data not reliant on one machine. The license allows the software to be initialised on up to five machines which is realistic for most home environments and small offices. My experience was not a positive one. Opening the apps with a shaky Internet connection caused them to misbehave and opening local native Microsoft documents caused an all out crash. I for one will not be upgrading past 2007 as this for me is the definitive version. If forced to move on I shall seriously consider open source equivalents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment